Belgian Bankers Academy is looking for experts in regard to a new tender opportunity Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative (We-Fi) Increasing Access to Markets and Finance for Women-led Cooperatives and Enterprises in Côte d’Ivoire.
The World Bank received a funding to be allocated to the initiative Côte d’Ivoire “Increasing access to markets and finance for women-led cooperatives and enterprises”. In this context, the WB seeks to hire a consulting firm to support the implementation of the country’s We-Fi project. Building on recently completed analytical work, which highlights potential opportunities for women farmers in the agricultural value chain, the main objective of this assignment is to support the implementation of identified recommendations and to expand financial services.
It is furthermore aimed to create synergies for all Financial Institutions (FIs) including non-bank financial institutions, in Côte d’Ivoire addressing the financing, payment, and insurance needs of cooperatives, value chain actors, especially women-led cooperatives and women smallholder farmers. The selected firm will be expected to define and conduct the entire assessment and a comparative analysis of the existing product suites including leasing, lending conditions and collateral requirements for members of women led cooperatives in fruit and vegetable value chains (targeted segment) in Côte d’Ivoire; conduct a product need assessment, design and conceptualize tailored products for the targeted segment (including financial modeling, product sheets, pitch books, and marketing strategy) that can be piloted with select FIs.
- Previous experience in a similar project in Sub-Saharan Africa. An experience from an emerging country with low financial inclusion rates is a plus
- Experience in agrifinance and digital finance
- Experience in rural financial product(s) and women segment would be an advantage
- A strong understanding of West Africa, WAEMU banking and financial regulatory framework in particular
- Good command of English and French (including the ability to deliver reports in both languages) is essential
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills. Good attention to detail and high quality of output
- Good time management skills
If you are interested to participate in the project/s, please send us a recent version of your CV to email@example.com with the following subject “5196 We-Fi in Côte d’Ivoire”.