Belgian Bankers Academy and NSF Euro Consultants have been shortlisted for the project “Feasibility Study on the Establishment of The Gambia Agribusiness Bank”.
The specific objective of this study is to develop the concept of the Agribusiness Bank, informed by previous experiences in the Gambia and best practices elsewhere; and to develop the framework for its establishment.
The study will include the following tasks:
- Assessment of the rural finance landscape in Gambia;
- Assessment of the options for providing agriculture finance to small, emerging and commercial farmers as well as SME along the value chain;
- Assessment of the structure/requirements for proposed Agri-business Bank against other options.
The duration of the assignment will be approximately 2 months and the project will be implemented in the Gambia.
In this regard, we are looking for the following experts:
- International Banking Expert/ Mission Leader: He/ She should have a minimum of an MBA, or MSc in Banking or a related field, and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the banking industry. (45 man-days)
- Local Institutional Development Expert: He/She should have a minimum of an MBA, or MSc in or a related field, and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the banking industry. (35 man-days)
- International Financial Analyst: He/ She should have a minimum of Master’s degree in Finance or equivalent professional qualification, and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the banking industry. (30 man-days)
- Local Agribusiness and Value Chain Specialist: He/She should have at least a Master’s degree in Agricultural Economics or Agribusiness in; and at least 10 years of practical experience in the field of agriculture and/or rural development in The Gambia or sub-Saharan Africa preferably related to agricultural enterprise development. (25 man-days)
Previous experience in the Gambia is a strong asset for all positions.If you are interested in any of the positions, please send us your updated CV and information about your preferences on firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “5206 – Experts”.