Developing Rwanda Bankers Association strategic business plan 2021-2025
The Rwanda Bankers Association (“RBA”) with the support of Access to Finance Rwanda trusted Belgian Bankers Academy to develop a strategic 5-year business plan for the period 2021-2025.
The main objective of the project was to support and lead the RBA and sector stakeholders in a technically grounded, consultative, and participatory planning process, to include extensive consultations with public sector and private sector partners. The substantive outcome was a five-year strategic plan for the period 2021-2025 in line with the RBA’s mandate, and including arrangements, specific activities, proposed programmes, timelines, targets, a detailed costing, a communication and a monitoring plan.
The project included intensive consultations and interviews with various stakeholders from the banking and microfinance sector in Rwanda such as the RBA’s executive council, Access to Finance Rwanda, Ministry of Finance, National Bank of Rwanda, Rwanda Finance LTD, Association of Microfinance Institutions in Rwanda – AMIR, Private Sector Federation (PSF), RBA members ( banks and microfinance banks), IFC Rwanda, MasterCard, Rwanda Stock Exchange, School of Finance and Banking and others.
The Business Plan included the following sections:
1. Executive summary
2. Analysis of the services offered
3. Analysis of the organizational status, skill sets, running cost and gaps thereof
4. Analysis of the banking sector and market opportunities
5. Projection of the financial sector
6. Strategies that would position RBA and the financial sector effectively contribute to the Rwanda’s economic transformation and inclusive growth
7. Modified organizational management structure & new skill sets
8. Financial/funding needs
Status : Closed
Date : 02-2021 -> 04-2021
Countries : Rwanda