Technical assistance to SIPEM bank - bank participating in the partial portfolio guarantee - Support project to the financial services in Madagascar
The Malagasy Government has received funding from the Africa Catalytic Growth Fund (ACGF) in order to support the Project for assistance to Financial Services (PASEF – Projet d’Appui aux Services Financiers). The objective of the project is to increase the access of micro, small and medium enterprises and in the traditional sectors (agriculture, agro-industry, trade, construction, services, etc.), to sustainable financial services. The mission aimed to provide technical assistance to a bank participating in the GPP to support them in the development of their MSME clients (including agricultural producers) and the establishment of a management system to monitor the PGPS.
The project is divided into 2 parts:
Component 1: Support of the customer development and assistance in the implementation of activities:
- Needs analysis in the development of the MSME customers;
- Assistance to the marketing of products for MSMEs: quantitative and qualitative analysis (« 7p »), audit of the marketing activity, recommendations and implementation;
- Assistance in the use of credit files analysis tools for SMEs: analysis of existing tools, recommendations and supervision of the implementation;
- Design and implementation of a training program.
Component 2: Assistance to the implementation of a management system to monitor the PGPS:
- Support the development of automatic monitoring of credit to MSMEs eligible for PGPS: implementation of an automated data transfer and integration into the MIS;
- Assistance to the management of the PGPS: support during annual audits and supervision of daily activities for granting credit.
Status : Closed
Date : 01-2016 -> 06-2017
Countries : Madagascar