Technical Support Program to Development Bank of the Central African States in the field of bank risk management
The overall objective of the project, of which this contract was an integral part, was to contribute to the technical support to BDEAC in the field of bank risk management.
The consultation aimed to provide technical assistance to BDEAC in risk management, including credit risk and operational risk management. The services were dealing with both methodological developments in understanding risks and capacity building of DGER (Département de Gestion des Engagements et des Risques) executives in managing these risks.
The results achieved were:
- An automated counterparts rating system;
- A pricing system of credits integrating the risk premium;
- A rating system of countries at risk, geared to the support measures foreseen by COBAC;
- An evaluation system of the own capital funds required in accordance with Basel II standards;
- Guidelines for credit risk evaluation and monitoring;
- Training of DGER executives in risk management;
- Formulating DGER’s needs for the implementation of a financial information centre;
- A provisioning policy in accordance with IAS/IFRS standards.
Status : Closed
Date : 12-2011 -> 12-2013
Countries : Congo [Republic]